Ever considered becoming a self-employed courier? There’s never been a better time to get started with Christmas delivery driver jobs. With just 100-days-to-go until Christmas, the delivery sector is catapulted head first into peak season and what is undoubtedly a hectic time of the year for the majority of businesses – especially those in the retail industry.
Whilst the countdown to Christmas is always the busiest time for the delivery sector, this years’ wave is set to be historically high, with courier services expected to be stretched to capacity in the weeks and months ahead – a product of Britain’s current supply chain crisis. And with the added pressure of the national HGV driver shortage, there is work aplenty for those considering embarking on delivery driver jobs for Christmas, as more vans are called in to plug the gap.
Deliver Us From Christmas Chaos
In 2020, courier drivers tackled their busiest Black Friday ever with parcel volumes between 40 and 70 per cent higher compared with 2019. And this year is set to be no different, as delivery timeframes tighten and consumer purchases shift more and more towards online platforms.
As we approach the final countdown to Halloween (45 days-to-go), Black Friday (71-days-to-go) and Christmas Day (100-days-to-go), we begin to see consumer purchases go into overdrive, leaving demand for courier drivers soaring.
According to reports coming out of the motor industry, it is apparent the rush for courier jobs has already begun, with van sales hitting near record levels in 2021 – a result of a boom in home deliveries and the economy reopening. So, if you’re thinking of joining the movement and increasing your earnings for the holidays, now is the time to sign-up and get started.
Courier drivers are the key to keeping shelves stocked, the economy flowing and consumers satisfied, year after year. But what’s in it for you? If you have your own van and are interested in self-employed courier jobs, you could earn up to £750-a-week with Crown SDS.
Working with Crown SDS
Taking on courier jobs over Christmas could be a short-term earner or see you embark on a long-term, rewarding career as a self-employed courier driver. If you’ve been considering self-employed courier jobs for some time and want to get a feel for courier work, now could be a great time to get started.
At Crown SDS, we’ve been operating as a same day courier provider for over 30 years. We’ve formed long-term partnerships with many blue chip customers and, coupled with our ambitious growth plans, working with us as a Christmas courier could be the perfect start to a long-term career.
The Benefits of Christmas delivery jobs:
What’s in it for you?
- Freedom and Flexibility Aplenty – work when you choose – with 9,000 courier jobs each week and growing, at Crown SDS you choose the work that fits around you this Christmastime. From local to long-distance, multi-drop, ad hoc, scheduled or specialist courier jobs – we have plenty of work that will suit any driver.
- Nationwide and local courier work available – whatever your location, we provide coverage to businesses up and down the UK, with European courier work also available for those looking to go the extra mile.
- Easy online application process – it takes just 10-15 minutes to complete our online application and what’s more, you’ll be supported through your application by our dedicated resourcing team. Sign-up today and you’ll be onboarded in time to get started with Christmas delivery jobs.
- Excellent mileage rates – earn up to £750 a week in the run up to Christmas, with great earning opportunities continuing throughout the year. Its good to note, the more flexible you can be the better your earning potential.
- Courier jobs available by App – It’s quick and easy to access courier jobs via our online app. But you’ll also have access to a designated, office-based controller who will maintain regular communication and provide ongoing job notifications. We’re 24/7, so will maintain communications with your throughout Christmas and the New Year.
- Variety of courier work – whilst retail work really surges during peak, there’s always good variety of courier work available when you join Crown SDS. Our customers span across many sectors, from automotive and aviation, to healthcare, 3PL Logistics, professional services and information technology. Variety is the spice of life and with Crown SDS you’ll be able to support businesses in many industries.
Wondering how to get started? If you don’t need any more convincing but would like to discover more about delivery driver jobs for Christmas and beyond, read our blog on how to become a self-employed courier. Alternatively, you can sign-up today to get started.